Established in 1978, Gitman Bros. is an American shirt maker with a rich heritage and a far-reaching global presence. Our brands, Gitman and Gitman Vintage, are carried by many of the world’s most highly regarded independent retailers and department stores, with a reputation for quality, craftsmanship and originality.
We are currently seeking an E-Commerce Associate to provide sales and operational support to our e-commerce division based in New York City. This is a rapidly growing area of our business and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can take initiative and grow within this role.
Role & Responsibilities
The primary focus of this role is to deliver an exceptional experience to our online customers while also managing a variety of operational and administrative tasks. You will be working closely with the E-Commerce Manager and liaising with our factory and warehouse teams on a regular basis.
- Responding to customer inquiries by email, phone and livechat.
- Ensuring customer issues are resolved with a positive outcome.
- Authorizing online returns in line with existing company policies.
- Preparing and shipping fabric samples to customers.
- Communicating with our production team to fill special orders.
- Assisting with planning and product preparation for photo-shoots.
- Performing daily inventory updates to ensure stock levels are accurate.
- Identifying procedural issues and escalating to the correct department.
- Assisting with weekly and monthly reporting tasks.
Background & Experience
The ideal candidate should have 1 – 2 years experience in a similar position within a customer focused environment. Prior experience with an online retail business will be highly regarded, as will familiarity with the apparel industry. Most importantly, you should possess each of the following:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A keen interest and aptitude for online technology.
- An understanding of men’s apparel and the broader retail market.
To ApplyPlease send your resume with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.